Sunday, February 25, 2007

So what about Bob anyways?


The internet at my house is working so I'm taking advantage of this rare occurance and writing a blog for you all! We went yesterday to a place called Freedom, New Hampshire to go to a Vineyard youth retreat. We left at 7 am and got home that night at 11:30 pm so it was a long day but it was good!

Picture: Myself, Dan(Scotland) and Jesse(Michigan)

There were about 250 kids who had been there since friday and we got there to join them for their first session. The worship was really good and we all enjoyed it and then the speaker talked a bit about his testimony, how he became filled with the Spirit. He was from Brooklyn so he had a pretty intense accent, but he had some really good stories to tell about when he started a church, John Wimber was their consultant(just before the Vineyard really took off) and he had stories of meetings with Lonnie Frisbee, it was pretty neat to listen to.

After that we helped pray for the kids and then it was break and lunch time. We took advantage of that and went out onto the lake behind it and slid around on the ice, it was pretty cool, I haven't ever really done that much. On the drive up you see lots of little lakes with ice fishing huts on it and trucks driving out onto the ice, it's kinda nifty. That's one thing I haven't done yet, I'd love to go Ice Fishing, we'll have to see if we can work it out sometime...

Picture: Dan teaching during one of the Dream Interpretation workshops.

That afternoon there were about 5 or 6 different workshops and we were running one on dream interpretation and one on hearing God/prophetic ministry. The sessions were short, two one hour blocks, but it was good and a lot of the kids seemed to learn quite a bit and were ministered to on different levels.

We all had fun in the courses, we'd break up into teams after a quick teaching and help them break down their own dreams so they could get kind of an understanding of what was going on. A few kids in particular when we went over their dreams were really really encouraged, it was, as usual, such a blessing to see God speaking to these people in their dreams. You can see it in them when you interpret their dreams, the realization that God speaks to them that way, it's awesome seeing their perspective shift, just like that!

Picture: Me at the site of a famous movie filming!

That evening after dinner there was the last group session and after that we took off for home. I rode with Chad(Michigan), Dan(Scotland) and Nathan(North Carolina) and we stopped at Lake Winnipasawkee(I don't think that's how you spell it...) where you guessed, "What about Bob?" was filmed, at least part of it... So I had to get a picture, it's dark and all, but you gotta believe me!

On another note, you should check out Jessica Hamlet's blog at http://jessicahamlet.blogspot.com she started it recently and I know as much as you can't get enough of my blog, I decided to outsource a little and hopefully she can help satiate (<--- That's my big word for the day! "Satiate") your appetite. There is also Jesse Matthews blog at http://journalournal.blogspot.com/ so I encourage you to check them out, but don't you dare replace me, I'll know, I can smell mutiny a mile away!

Video: The Chase



Video: The Flip Cam

3 comments :

  1. Dan Zupancic said...

    Flippin' awesome vids.

    Bill murray really isn't very funny. Really. Except maybe in a few moments. When you re-watch those movies you think were funny, you will see they are not. trust me on this one...

  2. Dustin Zupancic said...

    haha, well I think I'll save myself some grief and never watch it again, I'd rather be under the illusion it was still funny than have to face the truth.

  3. Anonymous said...

    Hey, Dustin. Looked up your blog. Pretty cool. And yeah, I agree, Bill Murray really isn't as funny in real life as he is in your head... Keep filming and blogging. Hope to see you again this side of those pearly gates.