Monday, February 19, 2007

Emerging Leaders


This past weekend we were off to the Metrowest Bridge in the Boston area for a conference Aaron Evan, Scott Evelyn, Recie Saunders(All from Streams Itinerant Ministries along with John Thomas, pastor of the Metrowest Bridge, for a conference on emerging leaders.

Most of the interns came early Saturday morning, but myself and a few others went Friday afternoon to catch the evening session. It was really good, before the service I stopped by the prayer room to join in on the fun, I was only there for like 20 minutes but I was so blessed, those people sure know how to attract the presence of God!

Speaking of Attracting Heavenly Attention, here are four things I wrote down from what Aaron Evans said that will do just that!


1. Spiritual Hunger
2. Purity
3. Desperation
4. Unity


Instead of giving any explanation of why, I think I'll let you just ponder it!

The first session was awesome, it was really refreshing for me to just be there, and I learned a lot as well, I'll drop a few nuggets for you all at the end.

After the evening session most of us went out for dinner to American Joe's Grill, it was pretty good, I must admit, I was little disappointed that I only got one refill of my Coke, but the food was really good, it kind of made up for it!

I didn't get to sleep till around 1:30 am, most of us slept over at the church which meant we had to get all our stuff cleaned up by 7:30 am so they could get ready for the morning session. I didn't get a ton of sleep but it worked out just fine, we ended up walking to Starbucks and hung out there for a while, the first session didn't start till 9 am so we had just the right amount of time to kill.

Picture: (Right to Left) Rebecca(Sweden), Jessica(Virginia), Sharon(North Carolina), Claire(England), Myself(British Columbia), Jesse(Michigan), Caleb(Alberta), Jon(Massachusetts) getting our morning started properly.


The rest of the interns arrived in time for the morning session, which was amazing, it was all Q & A with a panel of the four of them, there were some really great questions and even better answers!

Between sessions we were joining with the church by being on prophetic teams with them at different times throughout the day, my time wasn't till 6 pm so I had most of the day off. But when I did get of my team, we had a few really powerful encounters with some of the people who came in. Needless to say God came through and touched many many peoples lives through all the different teams that day!

At the end of the night us interns got a chance to impart and pray for the youth/young people of the church, that was really a blessing. After we prayed for them Scott Evelyn got them to activate it by getting them to listen to God and give words to people in the congregation. It was really awesome to see all those people stepping out like that, most for the first time!

After that we had awesome worship, during which I admit, I did end up getting a little disheveled.

All in all, a great weekend, I was very encouraged and blessed by what was said and what went on, so I'll share a few things I wrote down from them...


The immature person asks, "Can I trust God?"
The mature person asks, "Can God trust me?"

Man can't get you to God, and they can't keep you from Him

You need to be in the presence of love, so you can be changed by love, you you can give love away.

God pays for what He orders

It's in the realization that you have nothing to give, that you find you have something to give.

Ask yourself: "If God commissioned today, how would I handle what He gave me?"


We've been learning a lot about leadership lately, today we were watching a DVD of John Sanford teaching on leadership, it was really good too, actually, all of my classes have been good, who am I kidding?

Anyways, I need to head to bed now, so ya'll come back now, y'hear?

1 comments :

  1. Leenda Zupancic said...

    Explain disheveled?Dad