Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's ValenTIME!


It's been a very snowy last few days. In the last two days it's snowed about 30 inches. It wasn't snowing heavy, just continually. It even hampered our togetherness. On Wednesday morning instead of getting together to do dreams in the morning, we stayed in our seperate houses and had times of prayer and smaller group dream interpretations.

Picture: Jamie(Alberta) and myself!
We didn't go to the offices in the afternoon either, instead we relaxed, read, spent time with God, it was very refreshing, I definitely needed a day like that!

That evening however, was much more exciting, as it was Valentines day and all, the guys prepared an evening for the girls. We all got gussied up and went over to the Grey House where most of the guys had been decorating and setting up. Brandon took charge of cooking and with many others help made an amazing chicken and pasta dinner.

Picture: Noah and Nathan violin'n up a storm
The guys ate earlier so we just served the girls when they came, Noah(New York) and Nathan(North Carolina) provided some violin music and I took some pictures when people arrived.

After dinner, yes, there was dancing. I know, you may be asking yourself, "But isn't this a Christian school? Is that really appropiate?" Well, let me assure you, we all stayed at least a bibles(KJV) width apart. Yet, even with Christian values in mind, we were still able to bust a few moves here and there. (At least some did, I at least made an effort...)
Picture: Shaking it, intern style.


You might be saying to yourself, "Well, there was dancing, food, live music, but I'm still not convinced it was a real party." Well let me assure you, it was, in fact we partied so hard that we even had the token guy with a lampshade on his head at one point. I rest my case.

This weekend we are going to the Metrowest Bridge Church for a leadership conference we are helping at. Most people are going on Saturday morning, but some of us, including myself are going tomorrow afternoon so we don't miss the session Friday night.

Bonus Pictures:

Picture: Dan(Scotland), Jamie(Ableta) and Anthony(Virginia) taking care of the aftermath!


Picture: Caleb(Alberta) and Myself(Abbotsford, British Columbia)


Picture: (Jamie(Alberta), Anton(New York) and Brandon(Wyoming) brandishing for the camera.


Picture:

2 comments :

  1. Leenda Zupancic said...

    I am impressed with your Valentime spread, kudos to you boys!
    I'm glad you enjoyed the family dinner. Did you know that we brought that cookie home just for you, then cracked it open! Interesting text.

  2. Dan Zupancic said...

    Dustin, I even got dad to try some ginger beef, and he didn't mind it at all. Glad to see you wearing a collared shirt. I am surprised you are not married yet. Keep wearing those collared shirts and you are set fo' shizzle.