Tuesday, May 08, 2007

No "Dayton" in the internship!


I thought I'd write about two weeks ago finally.

Anton and I went to Dayton Ohio with Scott Evelyn, Recie Saunders and Elmer Atlookan. Scott and Recie are both Itinerant Ministers with Streams Ministries, sometimes the itinerant ministers will take interns with them to help them out at conferences as well as to just mentor them.

Picture: That green arrow is Dayton, Ohio.


This was such a great experience for both Anton and I, we just learned so much. Well, I'll start at the beginning.

Anton and I flew into Dayton at around 12:30 pm, unfortunately for us, they forgot to pick us up and the only cell phone number we had to call happened to be the only cell phone that they forgot at the hotel. So we ended up waiting there for about 4 hours before we managed to get a hold of the church. After we called they picked us up 10 minutes later. But don't worry, we weren't bitter or anything...

We had a ton of fun just hanging out with Scott, Recie and Elmer, they seemed to really enjoy giving us a hard time, maybe they enjoyed it too much... It was really good we had such an enjoyable time hanging out with them.

Picture: Elmer and I
Elmer is from a ministry called 120 drums and part of what they do is go from place to place and reconcile with the first nations people of the area and ask for permission to minister there as well as bring healing to the land. It's a really cool ministry, I've never seen anything quite like it.

The sessions of the conference were really good with Recie, Scott and Elmer each doing a session from one session Friday night, two on Saturday and one on Sunday. On the Saturday night session, at the end of it, they had Anton and I come up and join them in giving prophetic words to people in the church. It was alot of fun and really a blessing to be able to join them at this conference.

We both really felt like we got a big impartation from them, that just hanging around them and watching how they do things, how they run the conference, it was so valuable. It was good to see how they ran things, they were so sensitive to what the Lord wanted to do, if they felt God was changing the direction from what they had planned, they would just go for it, totally change their plans or cut off their message to facilitate what He was doing at that moment.

It was also such a blessing hanging out with David and Josette Allen, the pastors of the church (Five Rivers Vineyard - http://www.fiveriversvineyard.org/) they were amazing people and so hospitable, our host home fell through so they put us up in the same hotel as Scott, Recie and Elmer. They also treated us all to our meals so besides our flight there, we didn't have to pay for anything which was really amazing for both of us.

Although I did pay for my Tim Hortons, I couldn't believe my luck, I knew at that moment the true depths of God's love for me when I saw that there was a Tim Horton's only a 5 minute walk from my hotel. Surely God knows the desires of our hearts!

3 comments :

  1. Dan Zupancic said...

    wow, God really must love you, no joke!

  2. Sarah said...

    Sounds great! I was very interested to read about 120 Drums. Very, very cool stuff. I am reading a book called "In a Barren Land: American Indian Dispossession and Survival." It is really sad, and I often wonder, "Why did I not learn anything about this in school?" We (European descendants) still have so much to take responsibility for and repent for. It breaks my heart. So, anyway, good to hear about Elmer's work. Keep on keepin' on!

  3. Leenda Zupancic said...

    Thanks for the update Dustin!
    See you next week, unless we get evacuated by then.